Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Part of my story....




This blog is part two of around and around we go blog. Try reading that one first:)

Ok so what happened at age 25? I was thrown up against a hard brick wall outside a bar on the night of my going away party at Angelo's restaurant with all my friends right before my two month trip to Australia. I woke up the next day got on the plane to visit my sister in Ca first. I lied about the bruises all over my upper arms that she just happened to see when I wore a tank top. I flew back home a month earlier from Australia to be flung up against another blue wall with a pointy coat rack stabbing my back that was hung in my own kitchen. Then pushed down on my bed and again on my couch with possessions being thrown in the admists of all the chaotic nonsense. I for the life of me could not escape the house I lived in that night. With all my power and might I had in me I continuously shoved this thick sorry accuse for a man off of my chest. Not until the five cops arrived at my house was I saved from this drama that I was portraying. Oh no this did not stop after that night. You would think I would leave this man who layed his hands on me after I was charged for his narcotics that were present in my house. I remember for the first time in my life that night as i fell to the ground sobbing uncontrollably, I realized I needed help. I called my mother the next morning and let it out while choking on my words. My father came over and changed my locks on the door that day. But like I said, this was not the end. I saw him again and again secretly... Not until my good friend stepped in, dragged me to his home and made me end it for good with him while collecting my belongings did I wake up out of this illusion I was living in. I was not taken down to the police station that night after they accused me of the bruises on his chest but I was charged. Embarrassing Court house appointments being compared to white trash, drug classes where I learned mored about narcotics than I ever knew of, an alcoholic anonymous circle that I refused to stand up and say i was an alcoholic while repeating their prayer, community service planting a hundred tulips and washing the the church floors later did I pay my dues to have my record wiped. Then the restraining order had to come in later because he would not stop stalking me. Not only did I experience the physical abuse but I actually endured the emotional abuse. I remember him standing in my kitchen one day with my kitchen knife to his throat shouting to me he was about to kill himself. I just stood there and responded sarcastically, "Do it slit your throat"
So at this point you are either thinking I was a victim of domestic abuse or I am bruised for life in relationships or I can relate because this has happened to me. That's what I usually get from the few I tell this story.
Well the whole point of sharing this story was that I woke up, took a break for a year from dating anyone, focused on myself and visited my spiritual shop in Ct one day. I picked up a business card of a beautiful reiki master teacher and dialed her number to learn reiki one. After my one day class I was lifted to a higher calling. I walked out into the sunshine and i could breathe again. My life has never been the same since that day. I never experienced such a strong energy that moved my whole being and soul. I finally felt complete as a new person entered my being. I was lighter, happier and stronger. To go onto reiki two you need to learn how to heal yourself before you are able to heal others. Therefore I waited about a year while practicing and took the next class. After that day my intuitive abilities opened up very strongly and I was now able to help assist in healing others. Long story short, I never thought I would go to the reiki master level where you are able to teach others reiki, but after four years I took it all the way.

After I became a reiki master teacher I became an integrated energy therapist, etc etc Just read my profile on my blog and you will see my credentials and how I really moved up from that one day that changed my destiny after being lost from six months of abuse. Next blog what is Reiki? Pronounced Ray ki. No i do not use a rake:)





1 comment:

  1. I haven't been following and had no idea. But I admire your courage to share your story. Although we haven't been close since some time after 8th grade, I still think of the good times, and remember you as a strong, beautiful woman who can accomplish whatever you set your mind to. I am so glad you have found happiness.

    ReplyDelete